Gluten Free Hazelnut & Chocolate “Cheats” Cheesecake
Here is a great Nature’s Store solution to a guilt free cheesecake that all the family will enjoy, so much so that the last slice will be decided over a game of rock, paper, and scissors. For a light and deliciously crumbly dessert, look no further and follow the recipe below.
For a cheesecake that the whole family will love, follow the recipe and instructions below:
- 150g of your favourite gluten free biscuits, crushed
- 40g low-fat spread, melted
- 5g sachet of sugar free lemon & lime jelly granules
- 250ml boiling water
- 300g any no-added-sugar, fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g plain quark
- 400g Hazelnut Spread
- 20g dark chocolate, shaved or grated
- 2 level tsp cocoa powder, to decorate
- Place the crushed biscuits in a bowl, pour over the melted spread and mix well. Spoon into an 18cm diameter flan or cake tin and press down with the back of a spoon. Cover with cling film and chill the base for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the jelly crystals in a measuring jug, add 250ml boiling water and stir until dissolved. Leave to cool completely.
- Put the cooled jelly in a food processor with the Hazelnut Spread, yogurt, vanilla extract and quark. Whizz until smooth, then pour over the biscuit base. Cover and chill overnight, or until set.
- When ready to serve, decorate the cheese cake with a dusting of cocoa powder and then use a vegetable peeler to shave the Dark chocolate or just grate it on top of the cheese cake.
- Loosen the edges of the cheesecake using a hot palette knife and transfer to a serving plate. Cut into 8 to serve.