https://www.natures-store.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/High-Protein-Low-Fat-Super-Food-Kedgeree.jpeg 2649 4000 ns_admin https://www.natures-store.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Logo-1.png ns_admin2019-03-13 08:52:092019-08-07 15:10:41High protein, low fat super food Kedgeree
High protein, low fat super food Kedgeree
For the high protein, low fat superfood Kedgeree, serving 4-6, follow the recipe and instructions below
- 300g undyed smoked haddock fillet, or smoked salmon
- 2 bay leaves
- 300ml Skimmed milk
- 4 eggs
- handful chopped parsley
- handful chopped coriander
- 400g Chickpea Rice
- For the chickpea rice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 50g Broccoli florets
- 30g shredded kale
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 200mls water
- Chopped cooked beetroot
- A handful of Pumpkin seeds
- Bring a pan of water to the boil; and then place 4 eggs in. Bring back to a gentle rolling boil for 8 minutes. After 8 minutes remove the eggs from the pan and plunge into cold water. Leave for 10 minutes to cool and then shell the eggs and cut into quarters.
- To prepare the Chickpea rice
- Gently heat the oil in a pan. Add the chopped onion and broccoli and gently fry for 5 mins, until the onion has softened but not coloured.
- Add 1 tsp ground coriander, 1 tsp ground turmeric and 2 tsp curry powder, season with salt, then continue to fry until the mix starts to go brown and fragrant; about 2 mins.
- Add the Chickpea Rice and coat with the onions, broccoli and oil. Add water and gently bring to a simmer. Cover the pan with a lid and turn the heat down low
- Meanwhile, put the fish and 2 bay leaves in a pan, cover with 300ml milk. Poach for 10 mins until the flesh flakes. Remove from the milk and flake the flesh into thumb-sized pieces.
- Mix the flaked fish, eggs, a handful each of the chopped parsley and coriander. Add the Chickpea rice and serve immediately.
- Add diced beetroot and pumpkin seeds for extra colour and crunch. Enjoy