Vegan Cuban Rice and Beans
For a high protein, high fibre vegan Cuban rice dish, serving 4-6, follow the recipe and instructions below
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1.5 cup uncooked Red Lentil Rice
- 1 tin black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, mince
- 3 tsp cumin
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- salted, pepper to taste
Optional: Handful of chopped fresh coriander, tortilla chips, tomato salsa.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add garlic, onion and pepper and cook for around 3 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and rice and cook for around 7-8 minutes
- Add black beans, vinegar and cumin and season with salt & pepper.
- Cook for around 5 more minutes, or until rice is cooked
- Serve on plates with optional coriander, tortilla chips and salsa